Cloisonne Articulated Dragonfly Ornament, 3 1/2", white, purple, KU7452
Purple and White Enameled Dragonfly Decor or Christmas Ornament, 3 1/2 inch wingspan. Made of metal.
Give this beautiful cloisonne dragonfly ornament as a gift any time of the year. It has shiny copper edging and wing designs around purple, white and green enameled sections plus 123 small sparkling clear faceted beads. The wings are articulated with springs allowing up and down movement. All enameled sections have a semi-gloss finish and all sides are wonderfully detailed. (New 2018)
- Articulated: Parts are attached with springs and/or hinges to create movement by placing pressure on them, however without pressure or changing the item position they will remain in the position displayed. Movement is usually limited to up and down or side to side movement.
- CLOISONNE: Ancient Chinese art form of decorating objects (usually glass or enameled metal) by creating compartments separated by lines of soldered filaments (usually copper wire) to create wonderful artwork.
- BENDING POST: Gently bend the post on the back to obtain the desired position when hanging. (Note: Harsh or frequent bending may damage the post)
Also see the links under related categories to view more from our beach, insect and cloisonne ornaments collections.
* This item will also sit upright on a flat surface.
- Note: Wing height may vary a little by how the spring is loaded on each item.
- Average sizes sitting on shelf: 1 1/2" high, 3 1/2" wingspan, tall at wings, 1 7/8" long (nose to tail), 0.6 ounce.
- the wings will depress down to shelf surface and upward until the wings touch - upon releasing the wings they will return to the original position
alt id KU10756
Wife got this as a gift but she decided she wants to keep it.